Monday, April 25, 2005

A scare

It's been a few days since I have posted and I have much to say. The most important thing I want to write about is Laura's health and the pregnancy. She has high blood pressure due to the pregnancy. It's something that has confined her to bedrest per the midwife's orders. Needless to say she hates it a lot but knows it must be done. She is only allowed to eat, go to the bathroom, and shower. When she's not doing any of the above she is in bed. Her feet and ankles are not swollen anymore which is a good sign. She has another appointment on Thursday which I am trying to find a way to go to. I work all day in Oxford and I am supposed to train new guys on how to build movies. So once I get there in the morning I will have to figure out what I am gonna do. The reason I want to go is because I have to know the outcome of her bedrest and if the midwife takes her blood pressure again and it hasn't dropped then they will have to induce labor which neither of us is looking forward to. On the plus side, Laura's ultrasound revealed that the baby is already 8 lbs. 4 oz. We're just about ready though. Our bags are just about packed too. The nursery looks pretty good and I am pleased with how it has come out. I had mentioned going for a job in Portland before. Well, I managed to get the resume and all that stuff out in the nick of time. The deadline was Friday and they must have gotten it since I got one of those affirmative action surveys on Saturday! It just asks me my ethnicity. Is it wrong to secretly want affirmative action to work for myself when it comes to my own job opportunities even if I may not be the most qualified? I at the very least meet the minimum requirements but not the preferred. On a different note, if you all get a chance, check out Kung Fu Hustle. It's a weird cartoon, martial arts, comedy hybrid. Hope you all don't mind subtitles. I should get to bed. I have been up since 6 am and work all day Monday. Have a good week everybody and wish us luck.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nah, I don't think it's wrong to want the job, everyone's gotta have bonuses in life every now and then!
I wish you and Laura the best of luck on Thursday. We'll be calling you soon :)

Tuesday, April 26, 2005 4:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home